People color hair for various reasons. It can be because you are bored with your hair color, because you want to revamp your look or just because you want to look younger by coloring all your grey hair.
Whatever the reason may be, a new hair color does add new dimensions to your personality, making you look more confident and impressive. However to ensure your hair color retains its stunning look, and does not wear out too quickly, it’s better to follow the following hair care regimen. The awesome colored hair tips to maintain the beauty.
1. It is a known fact that your hair texture may get affected after coloring your hair, especially if you do not take good care of your hair. This is why it’s better to first consult your hair stylist about your choice of hair color before coloring your hair. Moreover, find out about any pre-coloring hair treatment you need to follow as per your hair texture from your hair stylist.
2. If you are thinking of coloring your hair, it’s better to experiment with your hair colors. Experiment by coloring your hair with colors you have never tried. Just remember that the closer your hair color is to the basic natural shade or hue of your hair, the longer the color stays.
It is important that you choose the right hair color for your hair as you may end up with a vast difference between your natural and chosen hair color once your natural hair roots show, especially if you don’t go for regular touch-ups.
3. It’s better to avoid sun exposure and chlorinated water after coloring your hair. This is because there is a high chance of the UV rays dulling your hair and even drying out the color. If you plan to spend the day outdoors, wear a big straw hat to protect your hair and face from harmful sun rays.
You can also use one of the many leave-in hair conditioners with sunscreen to give you the necessary added protection against direct sunlight. In case of chlorinated water and all the soapy chemicals found in bath tubs, it’s better to oil your hair or at least tie it up before stepping into a swimming pool. Even wearing a bathing cap helps. In case you don’t like wearing bathing caps, make sure you thoroughly shampoo your hair as soon as you get out of the pool. If you don’t shampoo, at least rinse away as much chlorine from your hair as possible.
4. Don’t just buy and use any hair products you find. Pay attention to them, and it’s better to get some professional advice from your personal hairstylist about the best products to use on colored hair. Some products you can include in your list are color enhancer conditioners and shampoos which help keep your hair color vibrant and bright all the time.
It’s better to routinely use a color-care shampoo and masque or conditioner, and a leave in as it protects your colored hair. If you cannot avoid constant sun exposure, it is important that you look for shampoos with sunscreens in them.
5. If possible, it’s better if you can wash your hair with cold water as hot water is never a good option for washing any hair type. Moreover, if you wash your hair with cold water, it helps maintain its texture while maintaining its luster.
6. It’s better if you can indulge in some hair spa treatments to ensure your hair color lasts long. In-salon treatments are in fact a must for long lasting color as it helps you manage your colored hair better, especially if you have long hair.
7. Make it a point to condition your hair properly after shampooing as your hair becomes very vulnerable to damage after the coloring process.
8. While applying your hair color, make sure you apply it to fully dry hair. If you apply it to damp or wet hair, there is a chance of the color getting diluted later on.
9. It is not advised to perm or straighten your hair for a few weeks after coloring it.
10. In case you had colored your hair a light-reddish blonde tone which slowly fades to orange color, you can always use a little red-gold accent to give some fashionable highlights to your hair.
With the help of these tips, you will be able to protect your colored hair, and have your hair colored for a longer time!