A super spice that cannot be taken lightly, turmeric is full of antioxidants that helps in improving the immune system. It’s anti-inflammatory properties are well known especially in the midst of people suffering with joint aches and arthritis. Turmeric can be consumed internally because it works as an antiseptic and kills many parasites. Most of the Indian foods get their yellow color due to the addition of turmeric which is one among the ginger family. There is also some evidence that the use of turmeric helps in reducing the effects of Alzheimer’s disease.
Turmeric The Miraculous Healer
The Mechanism In Which Turmeric Helps
Research has it that turmeric helps to heal the body and as it naturally by protecting and shaping the cells and simultaneously. Turmeric contains curcumin which force themselves into the membrane of the cell and provide completeness of the cell by giving it a proper structure. This causes the cell to get resistance from infection. The cell stabilizes itself thereby becoming more disciplined causing information passing through it more in an orderly manner. Curcumin contains both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nature and this is exactly why turmeric is very effective. It is proved that curcumin is highly effective in preventing a lot many inflammatory diseases.
The Usage of Turmeric
- Turmeric helps in soothing the skin when it is exposed to inflammation and thereby reduces the inflammation. Most of the lotions that are used to treat skin infections like eczema contain turmeric as a major ingredient.
- Individuals suffering from arthritis and joint pains can be largely benefited when turmeric is included in the diet.
- Acne can be treated when a paste is made of turmeric and honey which is rubbed onto the affected area.
- Any ill effects of itching from burns, chickenpox or bites can be eased by the use of a paste made of turmeric and aloe vera gel.
- It can be incorporated into tea to improve sleep patterns.
- Turmeric is high in antioxidants and so considered very useful for the skin and behaves as a natural sunscreen.
- Using turmeric on the skin helps in evening out the skin tone and also to remove unwanted facial hair.
- Turmeric has this beautiful flavor that can be used as a spice in soups and stews producing a rich aroma.
The Other Very Prominent Benefits of Turmeric are
- As an anti-inflammation agent
The stiffness and pain experienced by people suffering from joint pain and arthritis can easily be relieved by the use of curcumin. Research conducted on people with osteoarthritis proved the effectiveness of curcumin positively. 90 days past the usage of curcumin it was noticed that there was drastic reduction in the pain and stiffness along with good improvement of functions. Be it on the skin or internally, curcumin effectively reduces inflammation and definitely brings about an improvement in the quality of your life.
- The effects of turmeric in heart diseases
The cholesterol reducing agents, antioxidants and antiplatelet reducing qualities found in curcumin helps to prevent heart diseases liberally.
- Turmeric helps in gastrointestinal disorders
In general turmeric is used to improve the functioning of intestines. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and anticancer agents which help in treating bowel diseases, fibrosis in the liver and cancer in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Turmeric as an anti-cancer agent
Turmeric is very effective in treating and preventing cancer because it contains antifungal and anti-viral properties. The most important factor when it comes to preventing and treating cancer is to improve the immune system functions, turmeric has elements which exactly help in improving immune functions.
- Turmeric as an antidiabetic agent
It is approved fact that the regular consumption of curcumin on a daily bases can help in improving blood sugar levels. Curcumin is seen to effectively cure diabetes. In addition to this, curcumin has a great impact on cells preventing the individual from obesity and thereby preventing diabetes. The fact that curcumin is easily available and low in cost makes it the very sort out antidiabetic agent.
- Turmeric as a detoxification agent
The detoxification enzymes present in turmeric work wonders in curing and preventing many diseases. There are a lot of toxins that weaken the body and make it unhealthy. Curcumin present in turmeric improves the flow of detoxification enzymes through the liver thereby increasing the flow of bile. This helps in digesting fats and breaking down toxins. This way the curcumin freely available in turmeric helps in proper liver functioning.
- Turmeric in the treatment for acne
The anti bacterial and antiseptic agents present in turmeric helps in the effective treatment of acne. The pimples and breakouts that happen on the skin can be completely cleared with regular use of turmeric. The face can easily get back the youthful glow by the use of turmeric mask. A turmeric mask also helps in reduction of oil secretion that happens on the skin causing acne scars and inflammation.
- Turmeric for wrinkles
Wrinkles and fine lines that happen due to the ageing of skin can be easily reduced by the application of turmeric along with other ingredients. A combination of turmeric powder with rice powder made into a paste with raw milk and tomato juice can be applied on to the face and finally rinsed off with water. The continuous application of this paste will remove wrinkles as well as brighten the skin. Turmeric also helps in removal of dark under eye circles.
- Turmeric fights signs of ageing skin
The signs of ageing can easily be eliminated by the continuous use of turmeric as it is an amazing exfoliating agent. A mixture of gram flour and turmeric along with water or even yoghurt can be applied on the skin and then rinsed off with warm water. Doing this on a regular basis will help in fighting the signs of ageing.
- Turmeric for cracked heels
The healing nature of turmeric helps in treating cracked heels. Using turmeric along with coconut oil on the heels just before your bath everyday will soften the heels as well as remove the cracks.
Apart from being an amazing spice turmeric also has a lot of medicinal value. Being low in cost and easily available turmeric paste can be put to use to ensure maximum health benefits.