Washing your face is an everyday ritual which you may not give much importance to. However it is important that you wash your face properly as improper washing of the face can lead to various problems like inflammation, redness, damaged skin tissue and acne.
1. First of all, you have to wash your hands with antibacterial soap as dirty hands transfer bacteria, oil and dirt to your face.
2. To clean your pores, you have to first wash and remove any makeup on your face. This is best done using makeup remover on cotton pads or some makeup wipes.
3. As too cold water tightens your pores and makes it difficult cleaning them and too hot water dries your skin, it’s better to wash your face with lukewarm water. Moreover, as lukewarm water produces the smallest skin reactions, it’s the best temperature to use when washing. Similarly, it’s better for your skin if you turn down the temperature at the shower too.
4. Now, take a drop about the size of your preferred cleanser and lather it in your clean hands to apply to your face in circular motion. It’s good to apply some pressure while washing to stimulate blood flow; however too much pressing is not good as too much roughness on the skin risks pulling and tearing it which in turn causes irritation, redness and acne breakups.
5. Next, use a damp and soft washcloth or face scrubber to gently massage your skin in circular motions, starting from your forehead and then moving to the nose, chin and cheeks. Remember to not apply too much of pressure and pull as you want to exfoliate and work the cleanser into your skin and not irritate your skin.
6. This done, you have to now rinse off the cleanser splashing water that is a bit cooler than lukewarm water till the cleanser is removed. Now use a clean towel to pat and not wipe or rub your skin dry as wiping and rubbing can tear and irritate your delicate skin.
7. In case you had worn eye makeup, it’s better to make another swipe using makeup remover to remove leftover flakes of mascara and eyeliner. This is important as its remnants can get into your eyes and irritate them even after washing your face.
So remember that your facial skin is very delicate and should be cleaned and kept clean all the time. The face is the first thing people see on looking at you, so keep it looking beautiful and healthy by washing it properly every night.