Lots of people are today dependent or rather addicted to coffee. If you too are addicted to it, there are ways to cure your addiction. If you wonder how long to get rid of coffee addiction, on an average, it takes nine days for caffeine to completely disappear.
However the symptoms of caffeine withdrawal like depression, fatigue, anxiety and headache start immediately after a day or two. With the help of a strong willpower channelled in the right direction, you will be able to rid yourself of your caffeine addiction.
The best way to get out of a coffee addiction is with the help of the following tips:
1. Your regular pot of coffee should be reduced from a strong to a mild pot by adding half the amount of coffee with the same amount of water you always use. The benefit of weaning yourself from your caffeine addiction is that it helps prevent withdrawal symptoms.
2. If you can shake the need of a cup of java coffee in the morning, shift to decaffeinated coffee. This way you can enjoy your cup of coffee without its harmful side effects.
3. Drink herbal teas instead of coffee. Just make sure the tea is hot enough to satisfy your need for a hot, caffeinated beverage.
4. Drinking lots of water and exercising as much as possible are two healthy alternatives to drinking coffee. Moreover, it distracts you from the need of having a cup of coffee.
5. Decide to buy coffee only on special occasions like family gatherings or while spending time with friends. You could also drink your cup of coffee as a treat or reward instead of drinking it every day. This helps train your brain to drink coffee intermittently.
6. As some people drink coffee because they did not sleep well, and if insomnia is the cause for your drinking so many cups of coffee, it is important that you first learn how to fix your sleeping problem to stop your caffeine addiction. Look for the root cause for your insomnia so that you can deal with them and rid yourself of the need of coffee in the morning.
7. If you are used to drinking six cups of coffee, you can rid yourself of your caffeine addiction by slowly reducing the number of cups of coffee you drink per day. Reduce your six cups of coffee a day to four till your body gets used to drinking four cups of coffee a day. This is when you can once again reduce the number of cups of coffee once again till you end up drinking one cup of coffee a day.