Sleep is very important to look young and beautiful as it is during the 6-8 hours you sleep every night that your body heals and repairs itself. So if you don’t get this much sleep every night, here are some tips to help you get your beauty sleep.
- Do not drink alcohol or coffee before sleeping as it makes it difficult for you to fall asleep.
- Avoid eating too much of spicy food or food that makes you pass gas as these foods make it difficult to fall asleep at night.
- Avoid food and drinks high in sugar as these foods only agitate you and make it difficult for you to sleep at night.
- For best beauty sleep, have your evening meal as early as possible so that your body has sufficient time to digest the food you eat before you go to bed.
- To sleep better at night, it is important that you become calmer or less busy before going to bed. Read a nice book or do some relaxing activity before sleeping; just avoid activities that stimulate your mind and disturb your beauty sleep.
- Get rid of electronic gadgets that emit harmful radiation as they only tamper your sleep patterns.
- Drink at least one glass of water before going to bed as it helps you remain hydrated. Failure to do so may lead to dehydration and consequent increased pulse rate and anxiety that make it difficult for you to get your beauty sleep.
- Always sleep at the same time every night and make sure you go to sleep before midnight.
- Always keep a glass of water besides you when you sleep at night to drink if you wake up in the middle of the night. This helps you remain hydrated and gives you more energy when you wake up in the morning.
- Always complete your exercise at least three hours before sleeping as your body temperature is related to sleep. As your body temperature increases when you exercise and takes at least six hours to drop, the quicker you complete your exercise, the more time your body has to cool off before sleeping lest you find it difficult falling asleep.
These beauty sleep tips prove helpful at ensuring your body gets the required hours of sleep every night. Besides implementing these tips, if you still find it difficult falling asleep at night, it is your job to identify the things that induce sleep loss and work at rectifying these situations. Remember that it is only if you get sufficient sleep that you feel energetic with glowing skin, bright eyes and an eagerness to face the day!