Pomegranate is one of the oldest known fruits famous as an important food source and for its medicinal value. It is a nutrient dense, antioxidant rich, thick skinned brilliant red seedy fruit whose juice is as beneficial as the fruit.
In fact, extracting its juice is the best way to utilize the fruit’s benefits as it provides for quick and easy assimilation of its nutrients. However the juice should be unsweetened as sugar is inflammatory and can counteract its health benefits.
1. Pomegranate juice rejuvenates your skin with its anti-ageing properties. Its rich source of vitamin C regulates the production of sebum, the main cause of pimples, to put pimples at bay. Both the oil and juice helps replenish moisture and smoothens dry and rough skin.
2. Pomegranate juice and oil protects your skin from skin damage like age spots and skin inflammation by helping in the production of antioxidants to regenerate skin cells. The oil is a great dry skin treatment as it easily penetrates the skin, has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties and rejuvenates, moisturizes and soothes dry and cracked skin.
3. Its rich antioxidants help control oxidizing of bad cholesterol to prevent atherosclerosis and lowers blood pressure levels. It improves cardiovascular health by reducing plaque, increasing nitric oxide and prevents heart attacks and strokes. Though a rich source of natural sugar, pomegranate juice is a rich source of dietary fiber which helps control blood sugar levels and diabetes.
4. Pomegranate juice can protect the neonatal brain from damage after injury and helps with prenatal care as it’s a rich source of vitamins and minerals. Its anti-inflammatory properties ensure healthy blood flow while its potassium prevents leg cramps associated with pregnancy.
5. The juice treats gastric and asthmatic fevers and with a little saffron, quenches thirst in fever. As the juice has astringent properties, repeated drinking of 50ml of the juice can help control diarrhea. It also treats nausea and vomiting, and calm ulcers.
6. Pomegranate is a coolant which alleviates fever and increases the body’s immunity and resistance against infections. Pomegranate juice helps increase a man’s sperm count if drunk every day.
7. The juice proves helpful in treating some forms of cancer as some of its bioactive components destroys cancerous cells, especially prostrate cancer.
8. Pomegranate is recommended for weight loss as it promotes blood flow and energy, increases your body metabolism for easier weight loss and even prevent cartilage deterioration to keep osteoarthritis at bay and slows down Alzheimer’s disease.
Benefits of pomegranate seed oil
9. The antioxidants in the fruit helps its oil protect your skin from sunlight’s damaging effects and free radicals. With pomegranate skin oil containing large amounts of the antioxidant ellagic acid, it also inhibits the growth of skin tumors.
10. Warm pomegranate seed oil when applied to your hair and left for about an hour before washing helps tame frizzy hair and moisturizes it. If you don’t have time, just warm a few drops between your hands and spread evenly on your frizzy hair to tame and add shine to your frizzy hair. Drinking the juice prevents and treats hair loss and strengthens hair to make it thick and healthy.
Some of the best pomegranate seed oil are:
1. Leven rose pomegranate seed oil.
-It’s 100% pure of the pomegranate seed oil and nothing is added to it. It all natural and organic meaning its non-GMO, no additives, and no fillers added to it.
-It helps in the regeneration and healing of the skin by promoting cell renewal by it being of therapeutic grade. It improves skin elasticity which diminishes wrinkles.
-It contains high Omega 5 fatty acid levels which give it anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing properties. Helps to unclog skin pores
-Leven rose pomegranate seed oil absorbs quickly giving the skin a radiant, soft and nourishing look.
2. Anti-ageing pomegranate pure seed oil.
-It is great for application on both hair and skin helping in the balancing of the pH giving the soft and smooth feeling.
-Regarded as the best oil for mature skin and can be used for treating scars, burns and wounds.
-It is great for all skin types with the antioxidant component that the free radicals that damage the skin.
-Helps in treating the fatty moles and prevents the development and spread of skin cancer.
3. Beauty oils co. pomegranate seed oil moisturizer.
-It is 100% pure cold-pressed pomegranate seed oil.
-Contains full essential fatty acids and antioxidant properties that help in fighting the free radicals.
-It comes with a convenient press top cap dispenser which is very convenient to the user.
-Ideal for aging skin because of its anti-inflammatory and light properties.
4. Virgin pomegranate seed oil.
5. Organic pomegranate seed oil.
-It has amazing healing properties.
-Helps in fading of wrinkles and fine lines
-Nourishes skin tone and giving the skin the glowing healthy look.
-Contains antioxidant properties for fighting the free radicals.
In conclusion, pomegranate seed oil popularity has improved lately due to its antioxidant property. Studies have shown that the oil penetrates and hydrates the skin through the supply of long lasting moisture. This revitalizes the skin texture restoring the youthful look in aging skin.